Friday, June 26, 2009

Tour de Timor !

I'm not sure why I found the idea exciting but when I was puttering around the kitchen a couple of Saturdays ago and the Radio National news announced the Tour de Timor I knew I wanted to go. It took a few days to think about it but I knew I would.
So I have my tickets booked and I found a nice frame and fork to race with alot of old bombproof gear that I could build it up with. I plan to leave it behind if there is a need for it. It has turned out rather sweet.
The race itself should be a lot of fun with the major challenges being my first visit to a developing country and the unknown nature of the accomodation and food. It seems like a brilliant way to see alot of this new nation and meet its people. I hope there is a good field of locals and internationals.
Check it out www.tourdetimor.com

No comments: